"Boys don't Like funny Girls"

Monday, March 05, 2007

What I thought about Romeo and Juliet like and dislike

What I liked about Romeo and Juliet was learning about it. I didn't know a lot of things about it that I know. I like knowing what ironic really means and not what Alanis Morisette portrayed it as. I liked reading the story along with seeing it and hearing it. I liked going over it so that I could really understand the entire thing. I liked learning a little about Shakespeare and who he was. I lied learning about the Globe Theatre and how it burned down to the ground.

What I did not like were the quiz's from night before readings. I would always get confused reading it alone and lost and start making up my own story so when the quiz's came I was thinking of something completely different. I also kinda just didn't like the play in general. I think that it is really stupid and not what we think of when we think of the greatest love story of all time. People don't fall in love over night, and if they do most likely it's not love but more of an infatuation with the person ,or lust, but not love how can you love someone you don't even know? You can't. I think that dieing for someone that you have known for less then four days is ridiculous and stupid. But other then that I liked learning everything that we did and it really let me know what the story was saying and what love was considered back in the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home